Sunday, July 7, 2013

Four for the 4th: Banana Bread Pudding

I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and write this after a busy weekend of golf, good music, and friends. I saw John Mayer at Summerfest in Milwaukee last night, which is something that has been on my bucket list for a long time now. He put on a great show and after hearing some songs off his upcoming album I can't wait or August 13th. In the middle of writing this post I found a Rolling Stone piece on it. Check it out if you're interested. I didn't know it was his first big performance in two years, but it makes it that much cooler to have seen it.

Back to food though - I haven't forgot about the last recipe! I didn't get a good picture of it for multiple reasons but I figured I would at least get the recipe up until I can. The base of the dessert is made up of Granny's Banana Bread, which is great because it uses no oil and to keep the fat and sugar down even more I replace the eggs with egg whites and use 2/3 the sugar. Feel free to do it either way though.

Banana Bread Pudding
Serves 8

Ingredients:

  • Banana Bread, prepared beforehand from recipe above. 
  • 1 box butterscotch pudding
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 8 oz Cool Whip Lite
Prepare Granny's Banana Bread from the linked recipe above. Slice bread into strips and layer along the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Cook pudding according to box directions and let set. Mash bananas and mix into Greek yogurt. Layer pudding, Greek Yogurt, and top with Cool Whip.

Don't forget to check out the rest of my Four for the 4th posts - Grilled JalapeƱo PoppersAsian Sesame Pasta Salad, and Italian Style Chicken Sausages.



No comments:

Post a Comment