Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Protein Packed Pico

Good weekend. The Badgers dominated and the trip was great, the Pack dug deep in the depth chart to put together a solid performance in a win, and I've been eating pico de gallo all day. Pico is arguably one of the top three greatest foods in the world. My roommates and I eat this stuff like it's going out of style.

Alyssa's mom got me a Vidalia Chop Wizard for my birthday, and it's pretty much the most game changing kitchen item I've ever used. I always hate doing all the dicing when I make pico, and this takes my prep time and cuts it by about 75%, plus everything looks professionally diced into perfect little squares. If you don't have one, you should.


Protein Packed Pico de Gallo

Protein Packed Pico
10 Servings
  • 2 cups diced tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup rinsed black beans
  • 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper 
  • 1/4 cup diced cilantro
  • 2 tsp chopped garlic
  • 2 tsp salt
  • juice of one lemon
  • optional: 1 diced jalapeƱo with seeds
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

Dazzle your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment