Friday, October 11, 2013

Autumn Apple-Nut Green Beans

Yikes. It has been A LONG time since I've gotten a post up. With school starting up and trying to fall into a routine with school, work, volunteering, and just having a social life, blogging took a bit of a back seat. But I finally took some time for it the last few days. I loaded up at the farmers market on Wednesday to bring you some great recipes filled with fresh ingredients and fall tastes that I think you'll really enjoy.

Dane County Farmer's Market purchases for some fresh recipes.

I came up with this a while ago and it has been sitting in my posts, half finished, until now. I love green beans, but I don't always love them prepared the same way: steamed. On my way home from work tonight, I was trying to come up with a way to prepare some green beans that would bring a different twist to one of my favorite fresh vegetables.

Someone once told me to put nutmeg on my beans, but just the nutmeg wasn't enough and I didn't really care for it. I decided to build off that a bit and came up with these little guys. They have a terrific fall tone to them that just works now that the weather is starting to crisp up. Enjoy!

Autumn Apple-Nut Green Beans

Apple-Nut Green Beans
Serves 2
  • 2 cups green beans
  • 1/2 cup diced apple
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp Craisins
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wash and trim ends off of green beans. 

Layer ingredients on top of tin foil. Fold foil up to create a packet of the ingredients. 

Bake packet in oven 45 minutes or until beans are slightly tender. 



No comments:

Post a Comment