Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Italian Sausage and Spinach Potstickers

I've been exposed to a lot of different foods this summer. Easily my favorite thus far has been Asian style dumplings, or "potstickers". I had them for the first time at Umami during restaurant week and again at Taste of Madison last weekend. I've heard great things about the Soho food cart  and couldn't turn down buffalo chicken dumplings.

I knew at some point I needed to try and make these myself, or at least some variation of them. This recipe came about as the answer to "What do I need to use up in my fridge?". I had some leftover wontons after making my Baked Jalapeno Popper Wontons for NFL kickoff on Thursday, so today became the day. 

Admittedly, they are kind of a pain to make as it's a little time consuming to wrap up the wontons. That being said, they're TOTALLY worth it. 

Italian Sausage and Spinach Potstickers

Quinoa and Italian Sausage Potstickers
Makes 8 potstickers

Ingredients:
  • 8 wontons
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup spinach
  • 2 oz cooked Italian turkey sausage (1/2 a link if you use that instead of ground)
  • 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup water
Chop basil and spinach.

Combine turkey sausage, basil, spinach, and quinoa in a bowl. 

Divide mixture evenly between the wontons. 

Brush egg white on outside edges of wontons. Fold in half and crimp edges if needed. 

Heat pan to medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray, and place wontons in pan for 3-5 minutes

Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and steam until water is gone.




No comments:

Post a Comment