Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Game Day Garlic Fries

This past weekend my parents came down and my mom loaded me up with potatoes from her garden. There's a million and one ways to prepare potatoes, and I don't know about y'all, but I LOVE french fries. What I don't love is how unhealthy they can be. Luckily, with a little tweak here and there you can enjoy crispy, delicious french fries right from home and with very little guilt.

The best thing about these is they involve almost no effort, taking about five minutes from the time you start prepping them to the oven. Tonight they paired perfectly with some Italian beef I threw in the crock pot yesterday (recipe coming soon!) to satisfy my bar food craving without the guilt. If you like them, let me know in the comments!

Baked Game Day Garlic Fries

Game Day Garlic Fries
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into strips
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I like grapeseed)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
  • salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together with your hands (Yes, your hands. Get all up in those fries.)

Spread on a baking sheet, allowing space between each of the fries

Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy, turning fries once or twice

No comments:

Post a Comment