Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fish Tacos

I've been wanting to make these for a while now. My roommate suggested I make them one night and I'm finally gonna make it happen. These are a little different than most because I replace the cabbage with pico de gallo. If you like cabbage by all means shred some up and throw it on. They have a great freshness to them that I'm sure I'll appreciate even more once the summer months roll around. Let me know what you think in the comments!


Cilantro-Lime sauce
  • 1/2 C fat free Greek yogurt or sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1 tsp lime zest
  • 1 minced garlic glove
Pico de Gallo
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1/3 cup onion
  • 1 small jalapeño
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp lime juice
Tacos
  • 1 pound firm white fish
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 10 corn tortillas
  • Avocado (optional)
  • Hot sauce (optional)
Combine all five ingredients for the sauce in a bowl in and set aside.

Dice medium tomato, onion, and jalapeño and combine with cilantro, minced garlic, lime juice, and salt.

Heat a medium pan over low heat. This will be for your tortillas, which i prefer to heat up. 


Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, place fish in pan and cook until it flakes easily. 

You can cook your fish plain if you like, otherwise I found a fish taco seasoning at a local Target and I'm sure many grocery stores would have something along those lines. Any type of chipotle, citrus, or Cajun seasoning would be great. 

Flake fish off in medium sized chunk and divide between heated tortillas with a dollop of the cilantro-lime sauce and pico. 


Hopefully my next post I'll be able to take some good looking photos. I finally bit the bullet and bought a nice camera. It should be here this week and I can't wait to test it out with some of the dishes I have planned for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment